I would recommend Lozenge Magus, because it's an extra booster for a Grade 1 or Grade 2 Vanguard, and for this deck, not much cards would be played besides Imperial Daughter and High-Speed Blackie.
Basic Strategy "None Shall Pass":
- Cardfight!! Vanguard - Hybrid Strategies - Imperial Defense - Part 1 - Oracle Think Tank as Vanguard Clan and Non-Oracle Think Tank Units
If you are facing an opponent's Grade 1 Vanguard:
A typical case when you face an opponent's Grade 1, the response becomes "No Guard", because there's not much you can do with the typical hand that you have; however, this deck takes into account that your opponent will attempt to damage you every single turn. This is why the strategy is called "None Shall Pass", because if it passes. Then once you get to Grade 3, you'll have less turns to be able utilize Imperial Daughter, which is the heart of the Deck. There is one card that you can use to guarantee a safe passage for a turn when you do call it as a Guardian from your Hand: Weather Forecaster Miss Mist. Once you call her, regardless if your opponent gets a Trigger or not, they won't be able to damage you that turn.
If you are facing an opponent's Grade 1 Rear Guard attackers:
If you are facing 1 Rear Guard attack, you'll might be able to block it, depending on if the card you use can make sure that it doesn't hit. If you are facing 2 or more Rear Guard attacks, you could block them, but it is not recommended to do so, since you'll lose too many cards in the process, because at the time, you do block, you'll have one of two options:
- If you go first, then you can only afford one card without losing the card advantage. (This discounts the card that you use to ride on your turn.)
- If you go second, then you can afford two cards without losing the card advantage. (This discounts the card that you use to ride on your turn.)
If you are facing an opponent's Grade 2 Vanguard:
It's the same result as when you are facing an opponent's Grade 1 Vanguard.
If you are facing an opponent's Grade 2 Rear Guard attackers:
It is the same result as when you are facing an opponent's Grade 1 Rear Guard attackers, however it is most likely that your opponent will swarm with their Grade 2s, since all Grade 2s have the Intercept ability.
If you are facing an opponent's Grade 3 Vanguard with Rear Guard attackers assisting the opponent's Grade 3 Vanguard:
You must make sure that you don't go over 3 Guardians, because if you call out more than 3 Guards, then you may not be able to survive for much longer; hence you watch out for your opponent's power lanes:
- If the power lane is between 11k and 16k power, then you can use a 5000 Shield to block.
- If the power lane is between 16k and 21k power, then you can use a 10000 Shield to block.
- If the power lane is 21k power or higher, that is when you say "No Guard" and take the damage.
Win by inflicting the sixth damage successfully or by decking out your opponent.
Sample Deck List:
4x Psychic BirdRed Shoe Milly
4x Battle Sister Chocolat
4x Battle Sister Cocoa
3x Weather Forecaster Miss Mist
3x Dark Cat
4x Silent Tom
4x Security Guardian
4x High-Speed Blackie
4x Imperial Daughter
If you have any questions, leave a comment. Enjoy!