- Cardfight!! Vanguard - Strategies II - Kagero - Part 1
- Cardfight!! Vanguard - Strategies II - Oracle Think Tank - Part 1
- Cardfight!! Vanguard - Strategies II - Nova Grappler - Part 1
Picking out a Grade 0 Vanguard:
For this, pick Lizard Soldier Conroe. With his Counterblast(1) ability to search out a Grade 1, his 5000 Power can boost a Vanguard or Rear Guard over an opponent's Shield, which means that they would have to waste more of their precious cards in the hand or on the Field (if they have a Grade 2 to intercept).
For this strategy, you would have 2 Vanguards to pick from:
- Dragonic Waterfowl: With his ability, you would be able to hit them for one damage (or two if you manage to Drive Check a Critical Trigger). The downside is that you need a Grade 3 in hand, which is not that good, but if you want to go over some shields, this would be the card to use.
- Dragonic Overlord: With his ability, you would be able to attack the Rear Guards, performing a Drive Check each time (if it is not stopped), and increasing the chance to get a Trigger. Also, with his ability, you would be able to decrease your opponent's resources greatly if your opponent is unable or able to stop it, which is key to making sure that your opponent gets hit hard on the next turn.
For the alternative strategy, you focus in on how much resources your opponent has, and forcing your opponent to make a choice: "Does he block like normal, and have no counterattack OR does he take the damage and attempt to strike you back with what he has?" Either option leads to the same conclusion: "Your opponent will lose resources." Anyway, here's what I used throughout the build that was handy to have in this build:
- Gatling Claw Dragon - Main Phase: Retire a Grade 0 unit by doing a Counterblast(1) and sending this card to Soul.
- Dragonic Overlord - Battle Phase: This card is able to attack again if you send an opponent's Rear Guard to the Graveyard when this card attacks. You also must pay a Counterblast(3) to activate this skill.
- Wyvern Strike Tejas - Battle Phase: This card is able to attack anything in the same column as him as well as attack anything in the front row.
- 12 Grade 0 10000 Shields
- 4 Draw Triggers (5000 Shield)
- 11 Grade 1 5000 Shields
- 3 Wyvern Guard Barri
- 7 Grade 2 5000 Shield/Interceptor.
- 4 Dragon Knight Berger
4x Lizard Soldier Ganlu
4x Lizard Runner Nafud
4x Gatling Claw Dragon
4x Dragon Monk Genjo
Lizard Soldier Conroe
4x Dragon Monk Gojo
4x Wyvern Strike Jarran
3x Wyvern Guard Barri
3x Embodiment of Armor Bahr
4x Dragon Knight Berger
3x Dragon Armored Knight
4x Wyvern Strike Tejas
4x Dragonic Waterfowl
4x Dragonic Overlord
Next one would be Cardfight!! Vanguard - Strategies II - Oracle Think Tank - Part 1. After that, it would be Cardfight!! Vanguard - Strategies II - Nova Grappler - Part 1.