Friday, February 25, 2011

The Truth - Part 3 - The Decision


Now, you are wondering what I was talking about with their "ban list". Well, let me pull up their additions to the Konami ban list, so you guys can tell what cards that they have banned during one of their weekly tournaments. Here is their list that they made as an add-on to Konami's ban list:

TOURNAMENT BANNED ON DUEL MONSTERS EXPERT
Archlord Kristya
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Black Whirlwind
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
Dandylion
Dark Armed Dragon
Dragon Ravine
Dragunity Phalanx
Fabled Grimro
Fabled Kushano
Gateway of the Six
Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
Infernity Launcher
Judgment Dragon
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
Machina Gearframe
Master Hyperion
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
Scrapstorm
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
XX-Saber Darksoul
XX-Saber Faultroll

TOURNAMENT LIMITED ON DUEL MONSTERS EXPERT
Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
Bottomless Trap Hole
Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
Dimensional Prison
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
Elemental Hero The Shining
Fissure
Gigaplant
Hammer Shot
Rekindling
Sakuretsu Armor
Scrap Chimera
Six Samurai United
Smashing Ground
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth
Swap Frog
Tyrant's Temper
Widespread Ruin

To tell you guys the truth, I never agreed to this list at all. Want to know why? Because a lot of the top-tier decks would be weakened, but they'll still be strong enough to take down nearly all decks. That's when the "What if?" decks came into play as I continued to give you guys more decks. Obviously, you guys aren't really affected by this list, so barely anyone was viewing those decks, but I think it's time to point them out in this discussion.

Six Samurai: http://dangerascend.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-if-six-samurai-2.html (This is without Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan, so you can replace 3 cards with Kizan if need be.)

So, my thoughts were while making these decks: "Seriously, and they're ignoring all of this? Yeah, enough of this." Then I found out that they were having a no ban list tournament, so I logged on during one of those tournament days, and noticed hostility towards anyone running a Six Samurai deck. For example, it could be like the "What if?" I made below:

Six Samurai: http://dangerascend.blogspot.com/2011/02/tech-genus-1-what-if-six-samurai-3-and.html (Yeah, you would have to use CTRL + F to find "What if?" - Six Samurai 3.)

So, my thoughts are: "Why is there hostility? This is exactly what they wanted, yet they still complain." So, my solution was trying to make a ban list where casual players can even play in, but the administration shot it down almost instantly. So, I travel to Duel Monsters Genesis (yet again) to find a good duel, and hopefully I'll be able to enjoy Yu-gi-oh! to it's fullest there, for the time being.

~~~

Obviously, yet again, this does not apply to most of you guys, but you got to wonder: "Has this happened to me locally? Can I relate to this situation? Did I make the right decision?" and any other questions that are flying throughout your minds. Feel free to discuss below about the questions, but for now, I want to say this:

"Thank you for reading the three-part posts."

No comments:

Post a Comment